Friday, October 29, 2021

October 29th 2019, The KVB at The Garrison

 

The KVB have a glorious shuffling Retro-Futurist sound to them, a guitar and synth based duo that create an immense wall of sound live. They're a little bit Shoegaze and a little bit Post-Punk, and a whole lot of Awesome, and I thought that their Toronto debut at The Garrison on October 29th 2019 was pretty amazing. The show had originally been scheduled for March of that year at The Baby G, so an extra seven months of anticipation ensured that I was pressed up tight at the very front when the show finally happened. Over the course of an hour and a half they played an excellent set featuring tracks from their current album at the time "Only Now Forever" along with some older earlier stuff that I really enjoyed hearing. I'd been a fan for a while by that point and had been waiting a few years for them to make it out live, and I'm happy to say that the show was well worth the wait. 

They have a new album coming out on November 26th and I'm hoping that will mean another tour. I'd gladly see them again, and if they make it to your town I'd strongly recommend that you check them out. It's very apparent from their live shows that The KVB love doing what they do, and any opportunity to share in that love is an opportunity that should definitely be taken...

No comments:

Post a Comment