Tuesday, September 7, 2021

September 7th 2018, Let's Eat Grandma at the Garrison

I've been impressed by Let's Eat Grandma since the first time that I heard them. They're one of those bands that start out with everything perfectly in place, and both of their albums "I, Gemini" and "I'm All Ears" demonstrate strong songwriting, incredible musicianship, and a solid Pop sensibility paired with a keen sense of humour.

Their show at the Garrison on September 7th 2018 (moved from the Drake) was a great night out, a little quirky, a little psychedelic, and a lot of fun, bringing to mind elements of Kate Bush, Switchblade Symphony, Pink Floyd, and more. But aside from their ability to skillfully and seamlessly blend together their influences with their own remarkable talents, the thing that impressed me the most about their live show was their sheer joy in performing, an infectious and enthusiastic excitement in being able to make music and to share it with an audience. That joy, that enthusiasm, that's a special gift, and it's what sets Let's Eat Grandma apart from so many other bands in my mind. Between their exceptional talent and their impressive enthusiasm I think Let's Eat Grandma are destined for great things in the future, and I very much look forward to the next opportunity I'll have to see them perform live again...

No comments:

Post a Comment